How to setup an HD entertainment system
Have all the latest and greatest equipment and need help figuring out how to make the HD magic happen? Technology expert Veronica Belmont will show you how to set up a home entertainment system like a professional so you can enjoy the best HD experience possible.
- Begin by placing all the components (HDTV, Blu-ray Disc Player, Surround Sound System, and HDMI cable) where you want them.
- Then, connect your Blu-ray disc player to your surround sound system.
- Next, connect your surround sound to your HDTV.
- If you have cable, your next step is to connect your box to the surround sound system. And remember, if your service or surround sound device is not HD, you won't be able to enjoy HD picture or sound quality.
- To choose between the devices you want to watch, go directly to the input button by pushing the direct access button on the remote.
- For optimal sound, place two speakers in the rear of the room angled towards you, and place two speakers in the front of the room next to your HDTV also angled toward you. Then place the slim center speaker centered just below you HDTV.
- Place the sub-woofer on either side of your entertainment center depending on your set up; but leave about half a foot. Some systems have the technology to optimize your speaker placement for you.
- Some of the newer HGTVs and Blu-ray disc players even have wifi connectivity, which allows you to stream online entertainment through your wireless home network to your TV.