How to make easy Halloween cookies with the kids
Chocolate Mummy Halloween Cookies
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir cookie mix and cocoa together. Stir in butter and egg; knead together to form a soft dough.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to 1/4 – inch thickness. Cut out with a 5-inch gingerbread man cookie cutter. Gather scraps and reroll until all dough is used. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are just puffed and the tops are dry. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes before removing to wire rack with spatula to cool completely.
- Spoon frosting into a pastry bag with a #44 tip (Flat tip with ¼-inch wide opening) or a resealable food storage plastic bag with corner snipped. Gently to squeeze gently to pipe “bandages” onto your Halloween cookies. Place jelly bean eyes on face. Use black gel to make pupil.
The chocolate mummy Halloween cookie recipe makes 12 5-inch cookies.
Peanut Butter Spider Halloween Cookies
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 36 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate covered caramel candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Cut licorice twists into 8 pieces 2 ½ x ¼- inch for each Halloween cookie spider. Attach legs by sticking into the chocolate candy. Use mini chocolate coated candies for the eyes and black decorating gel for pupils.
The peanut butter spider Halloween cookie recipe makes 36 cookies.