How to make a pom pom bow with wired ribbon
Here's how to create a big, beautiful pom pom bow with wired ribbon. To make the bow more dramatic, an entire spool of wired ribbon is needed.
- First, wrap the entirety of the ribbon tightly around a book, notepad, or CD case. This technique makes the loops of ribbon even and uniform. Slide the wired ribbon bundle off the end of the book, retaining the flat shape that is created.
- Using a pair of sharp scissors, cut the edges off each all four corners of the flattened ribbon bundle.
- Making sure that the loops of ribbon stay uniform, carefully expand the ribbon bundle from the middle and bring in the trimmed corners to the center. The corners you've cut will now be the center of the bow. Tip: Keep the center of the bow secured with your fingers or a twist tie to prevent it from unraveling.
- To attach the bow to your gift box, wrap a ribbon around the box and tie in a single knot. Make sure the ribbon is long enough to have a little length remaining on the ends.
- Place the flattened bow in the center of the the single-knotted ribbon and tie the ends of the ribbon around the center of the bow with a double knot.
- Working on one side of the bow, pull out the intermost loop and fan out to the right. Pull the outermost loop and fan out to the left. Continue in this way until all loops on one side of the bow are fanned out. Repeat on the other side of the bow. The more loops you fan out, the fuller the bow will be.
- Finally, trim off any loose ends of the completed wired ribbon bow.